Vincent Englebert is a Professor of software engineering at the University of Namur. He is the Dean of the Faculty of Computer Science from Sept. 2015 for a period of 4 years.
His research interests are
- Model Driven Engineering (MDE)
- Domain Specific Modelling Languages Engineering (DSML)
- Visual Notations
- Software Architectures Engineering
- MDE & ICT for Ageing people
He has several responsibilities at the University of Namur:
- Dean of the Faculty of Computer Science (2015-2019)
- Membre of the academic council (2015-2019)
- Member of the general assembly (UNamur) (2015-2019)
- Member of the company council (UNamur) (2015-2019)
- Responsible of the Faculty library and member fo the Library Council.
- Member of the PReCISE Research Center and the NAmur Digital Institute (NADI).
He also held several positions at the Faculty of Computer Science: President of the Teaching Council (elected), member of both the Council and executive Council of the Faculty (elected), Member of the Council of Academic Staff of the University (elected), member of the Teaching Council of the University, head of the PReCISE Research Center / Information Systems (elected), Director of the Master “Business Analysis and IT Gouvernance” (until sept. 2018) .
He is a member of the research group Natrip/GRIVES “Stress and Ageing: a Transdisciplinary Research Approach (SATRAP)” and is working with the Alzheimer league (Alz&Me).
In 1992, he worked with Prof. Pascal Van Hentenryck
at the Brown University on the design and implementation of the GAIA
abstract interpreter for Prolog (with Didier Roland). He has been a
researcher from 1992 to 1993 at the KULeuven (abstract interpretation of
CLP(R) programs to detect future redundant variables). From 1992 to
2000, he has been a researcher of the DB-MAIN team (see 1,2) under the supervision of Prof. Jean-Luc Hainaut where
he developed several projects (CODASYL/IDS II reverse engineering,
automatic layout of large Entity Relationship Schemas, design and
implementation of the Voyager 2 programming language and its companion,
the abstract machine Voyager 1, meta-facilities for the DB-MAIN CASE tool repository, …). Since 2000, Vincent Englebert is a Professor at the Faculty of Computer Science at University of Namur.
His “official” (i.e. nicely generated by a software) home page at the University of Namur.